This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Thread)

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun).

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j376/kyaramerugraphics/DevArt/Konachancom-59402misaka_mikotosaten_ruikoshirai_kurokoto_aru_kagaku_no_railgunto_aru_majutsu_no_indexuiharu_kazari.jpg

Set in Academy City before and during the same time of the events of Toaru Majutsu no Index.

The plot focuses on Mikoto Misaka, an electromaster who is the third most strongest esper in Academy City and her friends, Kuroko Shirai, a Teleporter and Mikoto's roommate, Kazari Uiharu, Kuroko's partner in Judgment, the city's public safety committee and Kazari's friend, Ruiko Saten.

The anime tells the lives of these four friends and their adventures in Academy City.

Episodes: 24
OVA: 1
DVD Specials: 3

(Source: Wikipedia)

I searched every possible keyword in the search engine and to my suprise, there was no specific thread for this anime yet. SO HERE IT IS YAAAYY. :D

Despite the fact that it's only a side story to To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), it really shows a lot of potential, it's as good as the main story. Misaka Mikoto is so tsundere that I can't even. ;A; <3

Anyway, I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't watched it yet, so, what are your reviews and ratings for this anime? Personally, I'd give it a 5/5. :)

(Speaking of spoilers, if you would like to talk about a specific scene in an episode, please warn the readers with a message like "SPOILER ALERT" or something like that.)

I want it to have more action, I stopped watching it because it consisted of 5 episodes STRAIGHT GIRL TALK.

It is epic awesome <3

I do like romance animes though...

@Chronical: It has a lot of action actually in the later episodes, I guess this 'girl talk' just served as in introduction for the characters and how they built up their relationships with each other. Basically, it's like K-ON! with.. powers and no instruments.

EDIT:

@RangleGoose: IT IS! I actually never expected it to be that awesome since it was just a side story. I like romantic animes too, but the fact that it had a Slice of Life thing going on in there just made it EPIC.. well, for me.

Magical Index is WAY better :P
(cos I get to see my beloved Misaka blushing when she met Touma)

@aoiyuki Seriously? downloads all episodes yaay. :D

I LOVE THIS and index
I'm currently watching both

@Jin0410: Well, considering that it's only a side story, it's still pretty good, no? (I agree, but the lack of blushing and being shy made it more intense everytime she does blush whenever she sees Touma. Because it's so rare. AAAHH 3)

@Chronical: YES. SRSLY. :D

@archangel: YAY. Another Railgun lover. <3 :3

this is a pretty good anime ;) my friend made me watch this, and im already addicted.

While I do love Index a lot, for its main focus on Magic, I was expecting Railgun to be as much scientific, as much Magic was in Index.

Don't get me wrong though, I love all of Misaka's, Shirai's, Uiharu's and Saten's apperances! :3 It just felt less descriptive than Index, while, in my opinion, science often involves further development and explanations.

Other than that, it was very well animated(J.C. STAFF <3), the voice-actors were very well-chosen and the Soundtrack/Drama CDs are very entertaining. ^__^

I agree with n1xx, who is always right, I was really hoping for the science side of the anime. And it bothered me how important they made some characters seem but then of course they don't show up in the main series at all and it left me feel a bit weird about it. Haven't seen the new series yet, waiting for it to finish, so maybe they will make an appearance there?

now the questions is, HAVE YOU READ RAILGUN? :D

personally I got bored of the sucky anime original episodes, while it seems like they didn't explore the characters as much as in the manga.

@MrKoreanBBQ: Awesome! :D

@n1xx: Good observation! This is the type of review I would like to see here, I agree, it was more focused on their daily lives rather than the whole scientific side of the story which later unfolded in the last few episodes.

@EarlGrey: Uiharu and Saten were actually on S1 Index's opening theme (they were with Kuroko when she teleported). But they weren't shown on the actual episodes. :(

@Jeroz: I'm currently reading Railgun, will post a review when I'm finished with it. :)

@aoiyuki Yaay, reviews, I love reviews :3

the anime is good and everything but I put a lot of filler that should not go there D:

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users