This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Dead Space 2 (Thread)

WARNING!
----

This game is aimed at a mature audience and depicts extreme violence and may be a source of nightmares. Please consider this before reading this thread!
Ratings are as follow: ACB: MA15+ | BBFC: 18 | ESRB: M | PEGI: 18 | USK 18

---

http://picload.org/image/aoiaap/71g0hqokopl._aa1.jpg

Dead Space 2 is a third-person horror survival game in which players must battle an alien infestation straight out of a nightmare.
Follow-up game to 2008's original Dead Space, in this new release players explore a whole new terrifying game environment and battle the Necromorph abominations utilizing new weapons and tools such as the powerful javelin gun and a new space suit with built-in booster rockets.
Additional game features include: improved telekinesis powers and online multiplayer functionality.

Story

Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for another bloodcurdling adventure in the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as "The Sprawl," the lone survivor of a horrific alien infestation finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare.
Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend, Isaac will do whatever it takes to save himself and dominate the gruesome onslaught. With an arsenal of tools to dismember Necromorphs and new determination, an engineer will bring the terror to space.

Gameplay

As with the original Dead Space game Dead Space 2 is a survival horror game played from the third-person perspective. Playing as Engineer Isaac Clarke players navigate a new environment, the space city, known as "The Sprawl."
Here you must avoid or eliminate enemies including various Necromorph, horrific corpselike creatures reanimated by an alien enemy, as well as solve physics based puzzles.
Game features include: multiplayer support, improved telekinesis powers and new weapons and tools, including the javelin gun which can pin an enemy to the wall and a new space suit that contains built-in booster rockets providing for maximum movement in zero-gravity.

http://picload.org/image/aoiaog/71awhxdcnl._aa12.jpg

So Dead Space 2 is gonna be released next week, on January 25 for PS3, PC and XBox 360, but what do YOU think of the game?
Too brutal? Too excessive?
Is this the game for you or something you'd rather avoid?

To be honest, I'm kinda thrilled about the game, although I won't be able to play it for a long, long time (not buying many games at full price, and haven't yet touched Dead Space (1) myself)

Oh, and your Moms are gonna hate it!

Opinions, opinions~!

You do know that most of the mothers in that study aren't really wrong.
It's great comedy material that can be used as a selling point but when you're an actual parent, it won't be that funny anymore.

As long as there would be variation in locations unlike the FF13 thing with the first 30 hours or so being in long monotonous corridors, I'd be interested in it. And of course, plus points for it having a horror/terror theme~ Would be nice on our big screen, seriously.

Also, you said something about shooting the aliens into pieces? Kind of worth getting excited about. D: If the player is like me, that is.

Well, the first Deadspace was an amazing game, hope the second delivers.

Poor engineer lol, All this happens to him hahaha.

Anyways, Deadspace is brutal, its part of its appeal, so depends on the maturity of the person playing it really. I mean, if I had teen kids, I wouldn't let them play it XD

Actually, I have a few "grown-up" cousins that I wouldn't want playing this XD

But myself? yes I would take this for a spin!

@Candy-chama
Don't worry, it's action-based, unlike FF13 =')
Yep, you really did shred those creepy creatures into pieces, limb from limb til they finally die

@Shiro
exactly, it's up to people if they want to play something like that, but it shouldn't be played by minors. It's just a bit too over the top

I'm totally looking forward to this game. I lost my DS data when I changed hard drive, so I'm gonna play through easy and rape everything, then go through insane mode and plod through that, hopefully before Friday when Mass Effect 2 and LBP2 come out =P

If anyone is up for DS2 multiplayer when it comes out on PS3, my PSNID is:

Shadowed_Phoenix

Tha game was awesome im going to beat today hardocore mode because i didnt have the time before

The story is amazing, the really hook you up while your advancing through the history. The death scenes IMHO are better than the first game but they need to fix a little the multiplayer

I give the game an 9 out of 10.

Looking forward to that sequel. But I'll wait as I haven't even touched some stuff I bought on xmas. Well at least I can play the iPad version at work +_+

@Sushi Fckin great song, I picked my nickname long ago after a song by them.

i just finished this game the other day.
thoughts while playing game: =) yay new game,O-O HOLY FUCK,T-T oooh shitshitshitshitSHITSHITSHIT,>:C COME ON YOU MOTHERFUCKER DIEEEEEEE,xD THAT WAS AWESOME.
all in all i would give this game a nine out of ten, the only thing that could make it better is a soundtrack and easter eggs,unless there are easter eggs and i havent found them yet

Dead space is awesome!!!

I love Dead Space and Dead Space 2, they┬┤re incredible

I played this with my best friend once....and it was the best thing ever. Getting all scared because you have no idea what's going to happen next. Then you kill a big scary alien and feel accomplished afterwards.

At least I felt that way.

This was such an amazing game. I got that special edition for my birthday. Anyone wanna play online?

I remember when I got the first one. . .funny when I started it I actually shoved it back in my case and sold it back. xD. . .I was young and now I've gone and beaten both, but dead space 2 was the best in my opinion. I had already beaten it maybe 10 or 11 times in a row just for the hell of it, but alas I sold it to get another game. Wouldn't mind getting it again.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users