This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Why do people role play online? (Thread) - Page 4

In my opinion, roleplaying online is like reading a book, except it's not as predictable and it's more like a collab between two or more people. More ideas make it more fun and a hell of a lot more crazy c:

I've roleplayed only once before and what I can say from that experience is a major fail. Well anyways I have an account on this site called quizilla and one of my friends asked to roleplay so I thought "why not?" BIG MISTAKE! It was fun at first but it doesn't go on for too long when the other person and u both run out of ideas, stop contact, or just plain forget the storyline. nough' said lol.

because " The rent is too damn high "

Roleplaying... Really depends on which ones you're talking about.

Fangirl versions with Yaoi: They want to live out the impossible.

Fangirl versions towards a specific character: They want to.... indulge themselves in a fantasy that will never, I repeat: NEVER. Come true. The chances of them dating Johnny Depp (really, 0.000000000000001%) are even higher than whatever they're hoping. (0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000%)

Normal version (normally the ones I enjoy): Either they're bored shitless or what's there to offer is actually quite interesting and worth the typing or they just want to be in it because they want to get out of the real world. That, or they are RP maniacs.

So then you don't get beat up in real life :c

@Upbeat
Say whuuuttt.... >.>

I've role played once or twice before, and I think I can see the fun in it.

'Cause you get to be anyone you want to be, and escape from real life reality!

What Role play games do you mean ?
Because you see playing a rpg like pokemon is in my opinion ok ,as long you dont overdo like ´I MUST catch em all´ XD
On the other hand we have the online rpgs those are mostly used from idiotic persons like weirdos....
Thats my opinion....BYE BYE

ITs for people who wish to immerse themselves more into the whatevers story by taking on the role of a character in the story. I used to roleplay in swg back when it was good.

What Role play games do you mean ?
Because you see playing a rpg like pokemon is in my opinion ok ,as long you dont overdo like ´I MUST catch em all´ XD
On the other hand we have the online rpgs those are mostly used from idiotic persons like weirdos....
Thats my opinion....BYE BYE

Someone give this fucking person a prize. This is THE BEST answer in this entire thread by far.

Roleplaying is fun....its gives people a world of possibilities outside of the norm. Besides they can do the things that they would normally not do in real life....like a passivist would pretend to punch someone but he would never actually do it....it was a thought or a fleeting feeling.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users