This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Concept Albums (Thread)

This one doesn't require much explanation. What is your favorite concept album/s and why? I've always loved Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall by Pink Floyd and as of recent, I really like Linkin Park's new Thousand Suns. I would really like to get a hold of more concept albums, so if you know any great ones, post them here. If there are enough, I might even make a fancy list.

Also, japanese albums are fine too. They just need to fit into the genre of Concept Album. (In music, a concept album is an album that is "unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical") [Shuker, Roy: Popular Music: The Key Concepts, page 5. ISBN 0-415-28425-2. 2002.]

I'll probably check out Black Halo at some point, although I've never been a big fan of MCR. I might try a few songs, but it's not likely.

I think my favorite is The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Well, First because i'm a fan of them.
Second, The recording techniques were, i don't know if new, but they were an innovation, they put many instruments, drums, bass, guitars, voices, percussion, even an orchestra in a 4-track recording machine.
This record has tunes like She's Leaving Home and A Day in The Life which are some of my personal favorites, beautiful songs.
For me, is a really nice record.

Resurrecting this because Gorrilaz' "The Fall" is also a concept album and hella awesome. Listen to the entire album here for free (and legally)!

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users