This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Likes, Posts, Name-Wrapping, Thread Creation (Thread)

First, like system is gone. I'm glad. Please don't bring it back.

Second, why is italics done with one asterisk and bold with two? The standard for bold is one asterisk nearly everywhere I go (if you don't believe me go on Facebook). this should be bold, not italics I imagine that's an easy fix.

Third, long names don't wrap, which is not so good on our design. Not sure how easy it is to force a max limit before it wraps, but here's a picture of the glitch itself.

http://thecolorless.net/uploads/2Oz_medium.png

Fourth, old problem, but if I'm in modboard and I choose to make a new thread, it should be int he modboard, not in random.

Thank you for listening.

First, like system is gone. I'm glad. Please don't bring it back.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I have a feeling that many users were afraid to express themselves, because of the easy anonymity of that feature.

I am quite happy that this may push more users to communicate with us, on any of the boards.

Second, why is italics done with one asterisk and bold with two?

By looking over the Markdown Syntax Website, I've noticed that they associate normal emphasis to only one set of asterisks, while double asterisks are associated with a stronger emphasis.

That may be why our syntax is working, based on that same functionality.

As for the Name-Wrapping and the Board suggestion, I think those are great ideas that should be implemented when possible.

Name-Wrapping would make the site look even more professional and well-structured, than it is now.

old problem, but if I'm in modboard and I choose to make a new thread, it should be in the modboard, not in random.

That may answer one the questions that I've been asking myself, ever since I started moderating this website. In fact, I knew that laziness wasn't the only answer as to why many threads are not placed in the right boards and that there was something else behind it.

Chances are high that users do not take the time to check the Board Title, when creating a thread, because they already believe that it already holds the name of the board they created it in, by default.

After all, that's how many other forums work, so I do not blame their common sense at all. Due to this, it may be a good idea to implement this, on every board.

The automatic selection of a board will be passed along to Gargron, to be worked on. As for name wrapping, I'll see what we can get going. I would suggest that usernames be limited to 12 characters, Seeing as how we have some users with stupidly-long names.

The likes system has served it's purpose, in that it did curb the "I agree with user001" posts. Wit hit removed, I hope to see a lessening of the laziness that it facilitated, and more posts.

Oh, and yes, it's Markdown, same thing that is used on places like Reddit.

Oh wait, herp, auto-selection of the right board has already been done. DAMN YOU, GARGRON! (and whomever else asked hi mto do it~)

Gargron is doing a trollface and is all "inb4 admin" while reading this. ^

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users