This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

CL Update News! [PM bugs fixed] (Thread)

Today we got another few new features/improvements, so I thought I'd open a thread to notify those who wouldn't notice on their own
This thread will hopefully keep our Users informed about new features, bugfixes and so on.

July 16, 2011:

• Thread Tags reworked!

You can now use signs like , ! ? etc in tags without them getting transformed into _
Tags are not space separated anymore, but need to be confirmed by pressing Enter, just like vote options on polls.

• PM Empty Subject bug seems fixed!
    In case there are still PM-related issues, please report them to your friendly neighborhood staff!

July 15, 2011:

• Flagging System reworked.

http://picload.org/image/lpdggl/threadpanel.png

Flags were rarely used in the past. It was unintuitive and easy to use for trolling.
Now the system got reworked.

http://picload.org/image/lpdggi/flaggingpopup.png

When you click "Flag", you'll get a popup to choose a valid reason for flagging.
These reasons are:

1. Low Effort/Unconstructive
  2. Spam
  3. Illegal/Inappropriate materials
  4. Wrong Board
  5. Duplicate of another thread

Now these can be used much easier, right?
You can now notify the staff directly about duplicate threads, spam, illegal stuff and so on.
All moderators will get notified via email about a newly flagged thread.

Update: Individual posts are now flaggable!

Please use this feature appropriately!

• Editing posts now adds a "Updated 2011-???" line
    between post #number and the Edit link.
    This date is subject to change whenever you edit a post. No ninja-editing anymore~

• Bugfix: Live-Updates on the Forum are working again Broken again Fixed again
  • Bugfix: Several PM-related bugs have been fixed

Oh yes, I like this as well!
It will definitely make it easier to notify the mods (which
I was never quite sure how to do in the 1st place).

Very nice, and very much needed. Good work.

There might be another update for the flagging coming, which still needs some work. This would be flagging individual posts (flag a 100 pages thread and we mods will be like FFFFF----)

Also we need server-tan bots for everyone to keep as a virtual pet on his profile....

Aye, Shovelboy!
*beats @Dante_Butler to death*

aww c'mon that'd be cute :3

..however i fear some user would attemp to do inappropriate things to their "pets"

DAMN YOU INTERNET COMMUNITY FOR CORRUPTING CUTENESS

Pretty cool updates...
But, NO MORE NINJA EDITING? NOOOOO!

btw @Dante_Butler, why the hell are you ALWAYS writing in green?
I could understand highlighting something important, but.. are you really that scared people won't notice you? D: Well, cause that's how it feels...

On Topic:
Oh, and it seems like Individual Posts can be flagged now as well, so start the Dunka Dunka~

Cool!
EDIT: Very cool!

Can I flag this thread just to try it? 8D

Go ahead~

Please take note of the following as well:

• Thread Tags reworked!

You can now use signs like , ! ? etc in tags without them getting transformed into _
Tags are not space separated anymore, but need to be confirmed by pressing Enter, just like vote options on polls.

• PM Empty Subject bug seems fixed!
    In case there are still PM-related issues, please report them to your friendly neighborhood staff!

@DarkChaplain

I just want to express my love towards the color LIME !
because lime is so awesome and we rock the chat

Yo, the friend system needs to be re-worked, the unfriend button is not working, and it would be nice to add a decline friend request option

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users