This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Little Known Mangas (Thread)

I'm pretty sure that we've had a little known anime thread but I'm not sure about this. So post your favorites here, their ratings, and their genres!!

Name: Akumetsu
Rating: M (for violence. Very graphic violence.)
Genres: Action, Comedy (sometimes), Sci-fi, Seinen

Name: Itsuwaribito
Rating: T
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Historical, Shonen

Name: Maoh: Juvenile Remix
Genres: Action, Psychological, Sci-fi

http://thecolorless.net/uploads/14d35ad47ace1303472266b395b9e97a.jpg

Rating: M

"It's got guns and religious zealot mumbo-jumbo. Oh, and it's pretty serious, so be aware of that."

A serial killer is stalking the evildoers of New York City with a sniper rifle. The NYPD is baffled - all that is known is her code name - Sister Militia - and that she is an amazingly accurate from long distances, needing only only an instant's glimpse of her target to take her shot.

I don't read many mangas that aren't too popular, but I suggest Double Arts.

Name: Double Arts, duh.
Rating: Lol idk, can't find a website that says. Shouldn't be rated very high.
Genres: Shounen, Comedy, action.
Number of chapters: 23
Notes: It has a freakin' adorable main plot point. Need more info? Go here
I'm too lazy to write about it.

:D
I love Akumetsu and Double Arts!!

@Erika_Karisawa
... Akumetsu's pretty well-known.... in my school and my friend's school...

http://i.imgur.com/5r8bE.jpg
Name: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Rating: T...+?
Genres: Shounen, Comedy, Action, Fantasy
Number of Chapters: 32 (THIS DID NOT DESERVE TO GET CANCELLED D8)
Comments: It's about animals. And it has a BADASSED rabbit as the main character. And yes, rabbits can, indeed, beat up a lion. It's not fully translated. Sadly.

http://i.imgur.com/VtnaX.jpg
Name: A Lollipop or a Bullet
Rating: T+ or M... maybe. I don't know.
Genres: Drama, Psychological, School Life, Shounen, Tragedy... And maybe... possibly Shoujo-ai (It has the undertone but there's nothing implying it AT ALL)
Number of Chapters: 13
Comments: This makes you cry like a little baby at the end. The riddle in the middle was also very, very intriguing. Too bad it's only fully translated in Chinese.

http://i.imgur.com/IPlcD.jpg
Name: Oresama Teacher
Genres: Comedy, Shoujo
Number of Chapters: Ongoing... 57
Comments: ..... It gives off a similar feeling to Gokusen or GTO... even though it's almost not about the teacher... = =

http://i.imgur.com/WkiQ8.jpg
Name: The Hour of The Mice
Rating: T+ - M
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Psychological, Seinen
Number of Chapters: 38
Comments: I like the use of drugs in this.

Sing yesterday for me
And Kuro Gane by Kei Toume.

Name: future diary
Rating: m
Genres:psychological, seinen, romance, tragedy
Comments: very good manga

Name: Replica
Rating:T
Genres:Action, Comedy, Sci-fi, Shoujo, Supernatural
Comments: It's good for me and some people but it might just be a cheap ripoff of Blade of the Immortal (since the main characters have so much in common).
Summary: While trying to find a job, Manji, a for-hire bodyguard, also known as "Akainu (Red Dog)", meets Karu who works for "CARDS". Discovering that Karu's mission is to exterminate the deadly "TOYs", which mindlessly attack any living things, Manji can't help but forcefully tag along to relieve his boredom...

Name:enigma
Rating:T
Genres:Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural
Comments: It's okay.
Summary: Haiba Sumio is a student at a Tokyo High School with an interesting ability... He occasionally falls asleep and wakes up with premonitions of the future written out on his "Dream Diary". With this ability, Sumio helps out people in trouble before anything bad happens, until one day when his peaceful life completely changes.

Name:Defense Devil
Rating: M
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Mystery, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
Comments: It's very good, better than some other ones. The art in here is similar to Japanese art but the illustrator is Korean.
Summary: Adapted from the oneshot Akuma Bengoshi Kukabara, Mephisto Bart Kucabara is a devil lawyer. In order to return to the demon world that he was exiled from he needs to collect enough Dark Matter. To do so he creates a plan to claim the Dark Matter from the souls of sinners sentenced to hell. Prove the soul's innocence and the Dark Matter becomes his. But how can he gather enough Dark Matter when his kind personality causes him to continually use it up in order to defend the soul from the Shinigami that has come to take them to hell?

*The next one is a Manhwa!

Name:Noblesse
Genres:Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, School Life, Sci-fi, Shounen, Supernatural, Webtoons
Comments: Something unheard of, which makes it really good!
Summary: He awakens. For 820 years he has slumbered with no knowledge of mankind's advancements and scientific achievments. The land which he once knew has become an unfamiliar place with new technologies, attitudes, and lifestyles. Cadis Etrama Di Raizel, Rai, while seeking to familiarize himself with this era, somehow locates a loyal servant of his, Frankenstein, who is currently the principal of a South Korean high school. Rai decides that this high school would be the perfect place to help him learn about the new world. He enrolls, and suddenly becomes the friend of Shinwoo, an immature teenager who is also a master martial artist. But this new world is no safer than the old, and the dignified, bewildered, technologically illiterate Rai finds himself caught up in adventures both ridiculous and dangerous.

You guys keep naming manga that I love!

Anyways,
Name:Shut Hell
Rating: I don't know.
Genres: Action, Drama, Gender Bender, Historical, Seinen, Supernatural

@IzaShiSimonC: I've heard of most of those.

Name: Zero (Manga)
Rating: Idk i'd say teen though
Genres: Action, Drama, Manhwa, Mature, Sci-fi, Seinen
Summary: Its a pretty awesome if i do say so myself. Well that's just my opinion though

Holyland:

Rating: 14+ for violence

Genre: Fighting, Action, Psychological (?), Drama

Summary: Yuu is a high school kid who doesn't really fit anywhere. To find a place he can belong, be accepted, he will do anything. However one thing leads to another and he is forced to fight to keep his place, his Holyland.

Comments: Sorry, I just love how the main character is such a wimp when he's not fighting xD Although I hate how emotional he is, sometimes his emo thoughts get really irritating.... = . =;
But it's quite addicting read 120 chapters in 2 days

@Corabelle
Dude, that manga makes me feel embarrassed for the kid, man.... .__.

+Anima has got to be the single most adorable anime on the planet, and last time I checked it was pretty unknown.

Rating: E
Genre: Comedy...?
Summary: +Anima are people with the ability to change the form of a certain limb or entire body into that of an animal. In this story, we follow Kuro, a young boy who has crow wings, Husky, a boy who can grow a fish's tail, Senri, who has a bear arm, and Nana, who can grow bat wings. These four have several adventures together...

It's so cute.

http://manga.narutohl.com/wp-content/uploads/mangahl/anima/9/manga_page03.jpg

Name: MEL KANO
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Shinjou Shouryuu is a healthy 17 year old high school boy. Many of his kouhais wonder why such a great guy doesn't have a girlfriend. Ask him and he'll tell you that between school, work, and saving his kouhais from bullies doesn't leave him much time to go on dates. So he instead goes online to "F.I.L. GATES". There in the chat room his alter-ego, Kakeru, is infatuated with the girl called Hal. Hal sends a message reminding him that Sunday will be the 6 month anniversary of when they first met (online) and that she wants to meet him in person! And let's just say it's not your typical first date.

Name: ANGEL DENSETSU
Genres: Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Romance, School Life, Shounen

The story is of Kitano Seiichirou, a very kind and pure-hearted young man, with a horrifying, monstrous face. People being what they are, they think he's a terrifying delinquent, and there are plenty of chance misunderstandings (coupled with Kitano's convenient inability to understand what's happening around him) that propel him into the position of "school guardian", a.k.a. head thug on campus

@Decae: I've read that.
@Parker: Those sound interesting.

Bakuman
Rating: Not really sure, I'd say T
Genres: Slice of life, Comedy, Romance, Shonen, School life

P.S. This manga is by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, the creators of Death Note.

Bakuman begins with Moritaka Mashiro, a junior high student, leaving his notebook containing a drawing of his crush and classmate Miho Azuki in class. When he notices and returns to the classroom after school, his classmate Akito Takagi is waiting for him with the notebook and tells him that he believes Azuki likes Mashiro too. Takagi then tries to persuade him to become a mangaka (manga artist) and draw the art for the stories he writes. However, Mashiro is reluctant due to his disillusion with modern society and the fate of his uncle, a former serialized mangaka who died from overwork while trying to regain that status.

Later Takagi calls Mashiro telling him that he is going to confess to Azuki, Mashiro runs down to Azuki's house to find Takagi waiting for him. Takagi then calls for Azuki and confesses to her that he and Mashiro are aiming to be mangaka. Mashiro then learns that she wants to be a seiyū (voice actor) and, thinking of the romantic misadventures of his uncle, proposes to Azuki who accepts under the condition that they will only marry after both achieve their dreams. With a goal before him Mashiro sets out to make this dream a reality. His goal is to have Azuki voice the heroine of the anime adaptation of his manga. To have the highest probability for success, he and Takagi vow to become serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump and attempt to create one of the most popular manga in the magazine.

There's also a manga called Silver Spoon. Anyone heard of that?

Anyone know the manga called Portus?

@InvisibleRainbow: No.

@Bleachedsnow
Dude. I'll go straight out and say this: If it's an anime, it's probably well-known. Mangas need to be popular to get an anime.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users