This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

A Metal Band You May Enjoy (Thread)

There's this guy who went to school with me and graduated a year early (with my class instead of his class of Juniors). I interviewed him for the school newspaper about the band he's in, which is a metal band called Massakren. I'm not a huge fan of metal, but I think these guys are really talented, especially considering the fact that all of them are around 21 except for the guy I know, who is 17 I think(?). I recently saw them perform at a bar a few towns over.. It was both intense and awesome XD

So, give them a listen! Find them on Facebook, and tell me what you think.

It's pretty average. It isn't bad, but it's not quite good either. I respect people able to play an instrument, but the song is just bland. The melody doesn't abide my any particular key, the drums are a little uninspired (sounds like a fast metronome) and the base is just lying in the guitars shadow. So we have three layers here of music.

Drums (Sound like a fast metronome)
Guitars melody (Not harmony, each with the same note)
Singer (Nothing special here either.) <-> Guitar Solo (Off doing his own thing)

It sounds really negative, but this is all just trying to be constructive. I've heard much much worse. However, there is still room for improvement. If they really want to get some popularity, tell the drummer to learn a poly-rhythm or some new patterns, get the bassist doing harmonies and turn him up on the mixer. I don't know much about dealing with two guitars, so sorry about that one. I suppose the bottom line is to add more listening depth.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck to this band.

@VivoDePyre TURN UP THE BASSIST?! ARE YOU MAD! Lol sorry, Kinda a inside joke with metal guitarists and with a friend of mine.

Well now to this band, They lack melody.. it's just a spam of power chords with waaay to much double kick. For me double kick needs to come in at the right time and blow people away with awesomeness, This double kick however was whored out and I just didn't get that same awesome feeling.

The whole song is just kinda generic for the genre as well.

This band however is awesome and more of what I like 8D

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users