This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Reality (Thread) - Page 2

Does the world exist, or not?

66%
11%
5%
16%

@Warlock But what makes the chair, a chair?

A chair is a chair because it's a chair. Applying the facts that something is a chair at face value is correct, since the pieces are constructed as such. However, it's also more than just a chair at the same time going by my previous logic lol.

"Everything exists by mere belief"
If you don't believe it exist, it doesn't. If you do, it does.

That's what I believe. And heck, who knows what 'reality' is? That takes me back to Itachi's quote in one chapter (yes, I memorized his line) when he was about to fight Sasuke:

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as 'correct' or 'true.' That's how they define 'reality.' But what does it mean to be 'correct' or 'true'? Merely vague concepts. Their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to be simply living in their own world shaped by their beliefs?"

I don't know. I really can't say if I'm living in reality or illusions.

Reality exists. It may not be the only reality though. My thoughts are that many realities are in existence but they do not interact with each other. They are just there, side by side, with no knowledge of the other. It makes it lonely but peaceful.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users