This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Anyone Like Crepes?:3 (Thread)

Favorite Breakfast Item

63%
27%
0%
9%
0%

Goodmorning everyone! I just made crepes for my sister as her birthday breakfast! :D These particular crepes happened to be peach raspberry with peach sauce :3 I have also made PB&J, Triple Berry, and strawberry crepes on several different occasions. So, if you'd ike any of these recipes, or have any sweet or savory crepe recipes feel free to post to this thread!

Thanks for reading and have a great morning! XD

I don't think I've ever had a crepe... how do you make it?

They're like really thin pancakes, but you can roll em up and put stuff in them. Pancake batter, a little more milk, and a hot pan is how I make them.

Do you like french toast? YEAH WE LIKE FRENCH TOAST!
DU DU DU DU DU DU CANT WAIT TO GET A MOUTHFUL!!

CREPES > Pancakes :p

http://www.la-crepe.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/crepe_restaurants.jpg

myaaah <3

In Denmark, Crepes are actually what we call pancakes. The ones you call pancakes, we call "American pancakes".

So yea, crepes are very common here. Also INCREDIBLY delicious ^^

My mom made me some peach and blueberry crepes for breakfast a few days ago. They were pretty good, but my mom isn't the best at making them ;P

I like crepes. The chocolate ones with powder sugar... yum.

i've never had crepes before, though the picture asuka posted looks yummy. are they very hard to make? i've heard you need a special pan to make them.

To answer your question on the difficulty of making them, nope! They're pretty easy to make! To answer your question on how to make them, there are several ways, but I'll give you my recipe:

Regular Crepes (serves 2-3):
Stuff you'll need:
1/3 to 1/2 cup of flour (variation based on desired thickness)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
a pinch of salt
1-2 tbsp sweet cream butter (regular butter works too)
a lightly oiled pan (preferably flat)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until smooth (I recommend that you start with the liquid ingredients first, then the flour for a more smooth texture). Now, keep in mind that the mixture will be a little bit watery. In the meantime heat a lightly oiled pan to medium heat.
Then get a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup and put some of the batter in it, and pour onto the lightly oiled pan whilst spreading the batter evenly throughout the pan (by tilting it). Next, set down the pan and wait for bubbles to appear at the surface, flip, then do the same on the other side (approx. 2 min on each side). Now you have a soft and delicious crepe! :3

Try it out! :D

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users