This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

80's music : [Part I] NEW WAVE (Thread)

Hii there !
It's rainning today, and what I enjoy a lot is listening music during my lost time. I listen all kind of music.
I really love 80 musics specially.
But there is a kind of Music in 80 musics I love it's called NEW WAVE (or synthpop). And I wanted to share some tracks !

First of all what's New Wave means ?

"New Wave is a subgenre of rock music that emerged in the mid to late 1970s alongside punk rock from USA and UK. (Wikipedia)
Typical instruments :Electric guitar – bass guitar – drums – synthesizers – vocals

I love those instruments, mostly synthesizers ! :'D

The first new wave's group I love are TALK TALK :

Talk Talk was an English musical group, active from 1981 to 1991. I appreciate them for the voice of Mark Hollis, the instrumental, and their lyrics !

Others New Wave groups :

Duran Duran : The Reflex

Depeche Mode : Just can't get enough, and also Enjoy the silence.

Bed sitter

Tainted Love : more popular

Let's share others music :3

Next Time I will talk about Pop Rock, and Wham~ !

oh fuck yes
Last year my dad took me and my siblings on a roadtrip to florida
for the entire way down, from Massachusetts to Florida, and while we were down there
the only station we listened to was strictly 80s New Wave
and we absolutely loved it
Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Peter Gabriel, Tears for Fears, and more
Here's some of the songs we listened to (I put them on my ipod soon after)
I absolutely love New Wave

(I actually have a Peter Gabriel concert shirt from the 80s that my dad gave me)

@Nuit HNG I AM LISTENING TO THAT RIGHT NOW THANK YOU!!! So happy I can share my passion with someone :'D AND THANK YOU TO YOU I FOUND THE SONG I WAS LOOKING FOR !! It was SHOUT (tears and fears) THAAAAANKYOU :'D

OH GOD ;A ; Cheesy music, Love it.

__< need moar fan of new wave :< or 80's music

Here's one band from the 80's... It's extremely funny...sorry if it's a little inapropriate.

i dont like this : S

@Thecelio12 Don't post if you don't like it, But thanks for the bump <3 I love this cheesy music, Makes me laugh so hard~

But really my favourite 80s music is 80s metal.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users