This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

[Religious Thought] Are we really sinners? (Thread) - Page 2

@GMYui: Then flying spagetti monster would be mainstream, while christians would be laughed upon by the mighty, filthy rich and corrupted clergy of the aforementioned noodly creature.

@Break While one can not prove the validity of these texts, this isn't a comic book. A guy who wrote a book containing Lilith in the 9th century doesn't make it part of religious canon. Many make allusions to Lilith, the rebellious wife of Adam, one must consider it just another tale. You may subscribe to that belief, but it isn't accepted as a Christian idea, nor particularly in Jewish religion. The name Lilith is only used once in the entire bible canon.

And as for Samuel being Satan or ever being the wife of Lilith, I'm not sure where you got that from. The Alphabet of Sirach which initially creates the tale of Lilith makes no mention of Samuel, let alone her being connected to him. I've never read a text that implies either of these things, I so I would be very interested in seeing your source for that.

But primarily, I'd prefer if you didn't call it Christian/Jewish mythology. It implies that it's somewhere in the bible, and that either of us believe it. You're free to believe such things and talk about them, but make the distinction of where this information comes from and how it relates to the religion.

@VivoDePyre i never said anythign about samuel, you misunderstood that, i said samael. and i also didnt say he was satan, i said i hread that he is thought to be the snake
and that lilith had soemthign with him, not that he was her wife..
and with mythology i didnt mean it would be believed or in the bible...

human is sins it self, i dont know how people defined sins , and how they decide it was a sins , its not math ,we cant count it , its not a law ,we can read to know how many violations that we make and what punishment we will got ,what i understand is sins its how we said something different from deviate from the customs or manners that we have , just it

we all sin everyday without even knowing it all you can do is ask forgiveness and try to better yourself everyday

If you ask if we're all sinners, then can a sinner judge a sinner? But anyways, people act on impulses or greed at time, but that doesn't mean they are a horrible person. Now, if you act on every single impulse without questioning it or trying to fight it, then that's not really the best choice. The definition of sin was also created by man, so I question what really is a true "sin" at times. However, I do believe killing others is obviously wrong, as it is counterproductive.

WE ARE ALL SINNERS. SO EVERYONE, BACK UP TO @MrTingles ' TEMPLE AND LET US REPENT. REPENT AND SIN AGAIN AND REPENT ALL OVER AGAIN

INDEED.

To answer your question:
There are no innocents only degrees of guilt.....

@AnubisHellsing and what about babies? and also it depends what exactly you see as "guilt" . there are people who feel guitly for stuff you woudlnt deem them "guilty" for, like just thinkign of a crime or anything. with that , it owuld be a matter of personal reason.
however, there are people who dont see themselves guolty of their crims liek murder or so at all; you cant really judge them by their own standards, so taht rule cant apply then.
ahhh, its such a bad question..

No one is a sinner, because no one can be either good or bad.

@break okay i suppose true that this saying/rule cant apply for babies and the whole what we see as guilt, well if you don't have to justify for what youve done then there isn't really any guilt.
There was this old saying i read somewhere that hell isnt what we think it is not like fire demons with pitch forks but its what we create ourselves that becomes our own personal hell.
But to be honest its all a matter of opinions and perspectives....

Why do people start religious threads? YOu know someone get butt hurt eventually.

We are born sinners. It's our job to try to do God's will.

I believe in the bible. But I believe that "Science without religion is crippled, religion without science is blind." -Einstein

Sin started to exist when the Devil was born from Lucifer's nature (Lucifer means Light-bearer in latin) and we were removed from the protection of the Almighty once Eve and Adam took a bite out of that fruit (guys, they never mentioned if it was apple or not). If God never planted that tree in the Garden, then the couple wouldn't have known of forbidden things because other than the tree, Devil and his minions, everything was good. But God gave us the power of choice. The power to mould our own destiny.

I don't think being given the power of choice is a bad thing. Neither was the tree a bad thing. it was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil which gave the power of knowledge concerning everything. The "thing" that tempted the couple in the garden was a small dragon/serpent. It knew how to fly and sing melodies until the day that the Devil used her for evil. And ever since, They were condemned to slither on the ground for eternity. (Poor dragons). The serpent told Adam and Eve that they would "be as gods" gaining the right to the knowledge of Good and Evil.

There is a symbolical dragon that exists now (concerning the illuminati) his number is 666 in a form of roman numerals (VICARIVS FILII DEI = 5+1+100+1+5+1+50+1+1+500+1 = 666) but that's another story.

@break It's all in Genesis. About the creation of mankind and its fall to sin. I read a Bible commentary about that before. You can also read Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance for some research. (I do research in many things all the time)

Some verses: Genesis 3:5 "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."
Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made....."
Genesis 3:14 "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"
Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!...."

The word Lucifer is from latin Lucem ferre

uhhm @gyl i dotn see how all the stuff you said related to the bible, as it hardly mentions any of the things you go on about... but one thign your right, it wa smro eliekly to be figs and not apples.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users