This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

とまれ! BAD POSTING PANDEMIC (Thread)

とまれ!Meaning "Stop" in Japanese~ Let's all stop Bad Posting together!
It has come to my attention that our @Admin never had the time to water down one of his threads about posting. Therefore, I decided to do it, so most of the credit goes to him.

If you'd like to read that wonderful thread then click
here--> http://thecolorless.net/thread/415213

~INTRODUCTION~
THIS MAY BE TL;DR BUT I SUGGEST YOU READ IT. If you don't read it and post something utterly terrible one day and get flamed then don't go crying to some Staff member about how badly you were "trolled". Boo @#$%ing Hoo, you should have read this.

General Manners in “Main Chat/Fourms”

On internet there’s always been this idea; The longer you've been here, the more status you have. This seems oddly unfair and elitist, but then again…that is how shit works. Don’t like it? Then work upwards on respect ladder or just leave. Respect is earned, it’s not some commodity that’s handed out freely. I’ve seen countless new users just waltz in and act as if everyone should love them and then whine when they get flamed for acting egoistically. I’ve seen countless new users come in thinking that “trolling-is-cool-and-makes-me-popular-on-the-internet.” The only result given is “I-thought-I-could-troll-but-I-only-ended-up-getting-butthurt.”

Use a little common sense, treat others how you would treat your good friends.
[And if you don’t have any friends, go @#$%ing make some right now, CL has lots of great people from Weeabos to Elitist Oldfags.]

THE NEWFAGS’ MANUAL TO SPOOKY

Spooky is one of the infamous users CL, and well…YOU~ will either do two things.

Hate Spooky or Love Spooky. Nuff’ said.

I will now suggest the following upon interaction with Spooky:

• BE HUMBLE. Don’t suck up or that’ll just create more problems for you.

• Shut up and watch, most likely Spooky will be trolling the shit out of someone, do not be that someone. Learn to NOT be that someone by watching.

• GTFO, safest bet if you’ve already been offended by Spooky if not, apologize, I’m pretty sure if you’re decent about whatever happened, Spooky will let it go. After all he’s a cool bro. Bro’s will always be cool about a respectful apology.

• Do NOT act as if you know everything about cars and guns. Spooky will run you over with a drive by shooting of words on Main Chat or Forums. If you’re SURE of your facts then that’s okay, but if you’re not and decided to bullshit your way about it, then Spooky will find you.
    Gonna’ find you, so run and tell that home boy.

• Do NOT take everything too seriously, honestly this is the internet, everyone’s just looking to have some terrible fun. Especially Spooky… all day and night

• Argue with Spooky at your own risk…know your strengths.

[If you haven’t figured it out this doesn’t only apply to Spooky, it applies to anyone you meet.]

If you “Saw what I did there” please post a “Spooky is Lum’s Cannon fodder” along with your other comments, questions, concerns, insults, lolis, fujoushis, and Haagen Daz.

MAKING A THREAD
FIRST OFF I'D LIKE TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING WE'VE ALL LEARNED IN 5TH GRADE.
HOW TO WRITE AN ESSAY:
-Topic
-2 body paragraphs
-Conclusion

Writing a thread is rather similar to a 5th grade essay but perhaps, more "relaxed". It's important to give thorough explanations for the the topic which will connect to the title of your thread. This brings me to the next subject, "Thread Naming".

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT NAME YOUR THREAD
OMG, THIS WAS SOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!1111111 OR I feel sad today

Guess what, that's gonna' be marked as spam and flushed down the spam toilet where no one can see it. Sure, you can complain to The Staff about it, but I'm pretty sure they'll only tell you that "It was a badly written thread."

OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO

Posting inane comments purely to boost your post-count (on forums with this feature) will annoy people.

THIS IS NOT GAIA, POST-COUNTING WHORES ARE NOT WELCOME.
This is a logical forum to ask questions and hold interesting debates and conversations.
No one cares about what your mother made for dinner last night unless it is the topic of discussion.

DO NOT INCLUDE USERS IN CONTENT WHICH THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN CONSENT TO.
Sure, it's pure, stupid fun to start a thread with a list of people that HAVE MADE CONTRATO WITH @KyuubeiAmigo or a hate club on @Spooky...but please, DO NOT put someone's name on the list WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
I don't care if you think "well it's just a funny joke" or "THIS IS ALREADY IN THE RANDOM SECTION SO IT'S OKAY" No dammit. How would YOU like it if your name was put on a list that said "COMRADES OF BABYFUCKER-SAMA" or "I WOULD HAVE COITUS WITH HITLER'S DEAD BODY."
~Exactly.

NO "GAME" THREADS
Forums are for to "discuss" games, not "playing games". Go on, try making a thread along the lines of "LET'S COUNT TO 1000000" or "[GAME] 3 SENTENCES", I guarantee your thread will be either deleted or moved to spam.
Discussion on video games and other topics are welcome.

MORE DETAILS

It's come to my attention that users do not pay attention to their grammar. Now, I maybe a Grammar Nazi to some extent, but I have a well understanding that English is not EVERYONE'S native language. However, I do humbly ask that at least make sure that the "spelling" is correct. Usage acronyms such as "LOL" and "GTFO" are okay but not everyone is comfortable reading sentences or full paragraphs of

Lol, i like music alot cuz' its my l1f333333three333three.
-Insert one youtube video-

I don't care if you believe that typing properly is "stupid" or that using "short type" is faster. We are a LITERATE community, be competent in your conversations.

Regarding “Pity Threads/Posts"
This is a somewhat stale issue, however, it still persists. Topics that fall under this category are:

-Animal Cruelty
-Chain messages
-Personal Problems
- Other misc. “charity threads”

Of course, you are free to post anything, but please remember that this is at your OWN RISK and DISCRETION. The Staff and members of The Colorless are not responsible for anything unless they claim so. The Colorless is no longer affiliated with the anime “Durarara!!” If you wish to help and support any cause then you shall be accountable for all actions that are included in the cause.

P's and Q's

Now for some netiquette...here is where I begin clean up. Apparently, now that

"Every man and his dog has a 2mb connection, and kids with no manners are allowed to pollute the internet. The idea of netiquette has disappeared from their minds"
-Acostoss

It's time for a Review.

ASKING QUESTIONS
All right, I guess it's perfectly fine to put up a thread just to ask a question. But before asking, make sure you RESEARCH. Google is your best friend as well, so don't be stupid making one liner threads such as.

"What's a good site to watch anime?" or
"Help! I don't know what to do."<--- [Also this is an example of a bad title]

However, if you do find some sort of vague answer to your question and you still aren't sure and like to ask, that's perfectly appropriate.

-Post what your question is
-What you currently do know
-What you're not sure of/ what you've tried
-The results/ Conclusion

DON'T FORGET YOUR GRAMMAR AS WELL.
DON'T FORGET TO CREDIT OTHERS
and don't forget to say Thank you <3

Replying

I have 3 simple rules for replying

1) Be detailed. Vagueness causes more questions and sometimes disagreements.
2) Be NICE. Just because the person seems stupid doesn't mean they're troll fodder
3) DO NOT POST, "lulz IDK". If you really don't know @#$% just say "Google"

Opinions

Your opinion is your opinion, it's NOT a statement, know the differences between them.

"I think pie is the best!" -> Opinion

"PIE IS THE BEST"-> Still an opinion.

If someone disagrees with you, don't get offended, the internet isn't just black and white.
"BUT SOMEONE TROLLED ME BECAUSE I STRONGLY DEFENDED MY OPINION"
Well then, don't feed the trolls. Nuff' Said.

WANNA MAKE YOUR POSTS FABULOUS AND EXCITING?!
Click HERE! To read Alkaid's SEXY MARKDOWN TUTORIAL <3

God-dammit, Lum! You make me daaaaaaamn curious! 8D

Also, I completely support good forum posts and threads, and hate seeing crap contributions on our board.

Mhm, but I'll be basically watering down what @acostoss said so I'll credit and other nice shiny things as well..

I'm guessing you're using that thread a few days earlier as a case example.

I hope she will, @someone173.
There's also this:
http://thecolorless.net/thread/522213

aww see that's exactly why I hate sleeping, I miss the best stuff!

On Topic:
I'm sick and tired of those guys who just post a video and say:

"HEY LOOK THIS IS ME WORKING ON A FARM IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY WHOLE FAMILY WORKING ON A FARM YOU HAVE TO DONATE SOMETHING IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHY I DO NOT USE PUNCTUATION AND ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPLSLOCK IMA LAZY BOYO~ [insert smiley, insert smiley, insert smiley, insert smiley]"

or some hellish stuff.

Sidenote: THIS IS AN EXAMPLE I do not have anything against people working on a farm, to make that clear, cause people like to interpret a lot of stupid stuff into ones messages.

People might be bored to read through all that super badass written stuff our dear Admin posted there, but it's important, not just for us, the "other part of the community" but for those who write posts themselves. It'll make people look MUCH LESS STUPID (and we all know humanity got it's plenty share of stupidity and dumbfoundness). Plus it'll make things easier for the readers to evaluate this Thread to something good or even heart it.

Hope you now see/are able to read/comprehend why CL's user named after a certain Twinblade Empress would love it to help @Lumiex and @Admin in every way possible there.

This should be good... Lets sticky this one to the frontpage foreverrrrrrrrrr

oh , goodness. I didn't know anyone had remembered that thread.~

@Admin good/evil things will never be forgotten. It's the same when you do something bad to a child in hope it'll forget all of it over the years, but it won't. That's rather reassuring, isn't it? :3

oh and I really like the first sentence of the introduction, maybe we should keep that because it has a certain touch. It's evil but... it's also very appealing and will kinda hook the evil reader guys, don't cha think?

I smell weeaboo.

@9mm
our latest newfags actually asked what "-chan" means and what "desu" is. I'm not kidding!

@DarkChaplain - That's just shameful.

­>mfw I saw that

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1500/1284598108978.jpg

NUKKA' WUTTT?
I'm done, I think...I guess...I don't know PLEASE READ AND REVIEW? T__T

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Lumi, this is fantastic, and you are fantastic. <3

@Admin: Thank you Shachou! So...can this be stickied?

done

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users