This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

On the topic of Colored Profile text (Thread)

In case you did not already notice, people have been adapting one html 'exploit' to color the text on their profiles (check mine for reference).

As fun as it looks with some colors, it is messing with the Friend List and the Mod Tools on some browsers.
Thus, we, the Staff, ask of you, who colored your profiles, to remove the html code immidiately.

The exploit will be fixed in due time, but our developer/founder @Gargron is quite busy with CL's next step in evolution (to be announced soon) and his real life efforts, so it is not top priority for the time being.
It will, however, be fixed soon.

Not soon enough, thus we ask for your compliance.

In case the staff notices somebody using this color-exploit, we will WARN you once, linking to this thread.
If you won't comply and remove the color as soon as possible, we will have to take measures to punish your failure.

Please don't risk punishment.

I especially wanna call out some people from my CL Friendslist to remove their colors:

@evii-chii
@Chou
@Stormkun
@Kuroba_Loki
@123-456-7890
@Maryam_oneill

Please not that we don't have grudges against you.
Thanks.

ok, just did it.

Okay fixed mine!

Looks at DC's profile
Wait... You are male, no?

Oh, internet. You really confuse me sometimes <3

On topic: I kind of liked this exploit. It added more personality to the user profiles. To some at least.
Some colors would just be annoying. What Kirn said actually.

@Noodle
Who knows, who knows *laughs like some sort of maniac*

I agree, I'd love to see some more personalization on people's profiles, maybe some preset options, dunno. Not leave them a free hand on everything, but they're your identifier after all, right?

Done.....

I would also like to see some personalization options for profiles. So long as people keep them...tame.

bump to keep this topic alive while it is not stickied.

bumping

Also, I agree with Kirn, A profile should be something clear and readable. If you don't want that information known or seen clearly, then you have the option of leaving it empty :) Otherwise, it should be informative, and easy to read.

Bumping with @Shirosuke and @DarkChaplain,

Also, I agree with Kirn, A profile should be something clear and readable. If you don't want that information known or seen clearly, then you have the option of leaving it empty :) Otherwise, it should be informative, and easy to read.

i indefinitely agree with you <3

Fixed mine Q___Q

Aw, dude. My profile that was so fuckin' kawaii.

@Chou
I know it was, I've seen sone pretty nice colors on people's profiles, but... ;___;

done .______.

I'm glad that most of you already did as asked. =)

Also, @Dante_Butler, that goes for you as well

my precious lime T^T
meh it got mainstream anyway

@Dante_Butler
Everyone tries so hard not to be 'mainstream' it's impossible to like cool stuff anymore. Because cool stuff is mainstream. It should be. But this matter is not the reason I reply to you.
I don't get how you have the energy to switch your text to lime color every time you post x3

@Noodle
LOVE TEH LIME !

@Decae

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users