This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

THE AMERICAN DEATH NOTE (Thread) - Page 2

@Caarbite: I believe that they've already ruined Dragon Ball, they don't need to ruin Death Note as well. But they kinda did a good job on Blood-The Last Vampire.

Uhhh.... So after all that change, they're still going to publish it under the name Death Note? Sad people are sad.....

I'm shouting spoilers in the movie theater. The first ones will be true, to gain the trust of the people. The second ones will be absurd, but they will still watch out for them.

The Japanese Movie was good. death note is probably the only anime/manga that has a chance at making a good movie out here

@Kuru You are a genius. If anyone even bothers to watch this wretched thing. Which may or may not be true.

@Kuru You are a genius. If anyone even bothers to watch this wretched thing. Which may or may not be true.

Direct copy quote from that Shane Black guy:

"“It’s my favorite manga, I was just struck by its unique and brilliant sensibility,” Black said. “What we want to do is take it back to that manga, and make it closer to what is so complex and truthful about the spirituality of the story, versus taking the concept and trying to copy it as an American thriller."

Huh.

@Momimochi: This producer or whatever as I would say is either not the brightest color in the box, or not the smartest clown in the troupe.

@Anemone1 whahahaha you have brightened my day.
I love Death Note with my own life...AMERICA, don't kill my love!

Yes i've been hearing about this, so I know it's real. But I still won't see it.....I'd rather not have to burn my eyes.

Oh noes...America's destroying the WHOLE true meaning of Death Note!

Is this even real? No movie adaptation would take 5 years to make. Unless, they're really seriously considering of finding a good story of course

OK, Wikipedia says it's not green-lighted yet and imdb has a page on it, which means nothing is set in stone yet. This means any rumors shouldn't be taken seriously because it's not even written yet.

Then again 2014/2015 release is so far off that not even you blokes would even know Death Note anymore at that time. So, quit wailing on America's ruining Desu Noto for eva because you probably wouldn't care about it anyway (If you do, get a life!). Unless of course, they ruined it catastrophically like Dragonball in which case proceed with the meaningless internet ranting.

As long as the end product doesn't show Zac Efron, this Death Note may be a must watch... for those who haven't seen DN the Anime or Jap movie.

IF IT ISN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!! gosh this looks like it's going to be trash.

yah DEATH NOTE

of all things to make Death Note really why not Inuyasha,Durarara,or even Shugo Chara

oh my god.. durarara!! movie version.. if it was on par.. id fap to it xD <3 but sadly.. knowing america.. it wouldn't be..

now i swear to god.. if they do make this Death Note movie.. THAT LOOKS LIKE UTTER CRAP!!!!!!!! I WILL MAKE VIDEOS AND GO FREAKIN VIRAL GETTING THIS SHIT SHUT DOWN...
I wont stand for it. We should just start the petition now.. Not gonna lie..
Its going to be like.. turning Death Note into the next fucking twilight.. GAY AS HELL!!!!!!!! This cant happen. I wont stand for it. Who's with me?

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users