This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Steve Jobs 1955-2011 (Thread) - Page 2

I just heard about this 10 mins ago...

Regarding Pixar:

Also the Pixar stuff isn't correct either.
He bought Pixar, or more "The Graphics Group" from Lucas, for about 10 million, and the studio was intended to be a high-end graphics hardware developer.
After they failed that for long enough, they got in touch with Disney and produced movies.
This makes Disney the actual party you'll need to thank, not Steve Jobs, who slammed the company against walls for quite a long time.

You see, he did not bring Pixar to glory, that wasn't his intention, but rather a product of his failed visions.

My mother raised me up with the saying "You either talk good or don't talk at all about the dead". That the disrespectful voice of the Colorless is prevalent, is saddening. To change the picture just a bit,

Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. He was one of those who shaped our time.

I don't want to sound like sucking up to Steve Jobs, but I should put a say regarding pixar.

While Jobs failed to sell computer hardware through pixar, Apple wasn't doing well either. So what did he do? He changed the direction of how to run both companies.

While he was the one that failed to sell computers from Pixar, he was the one that made use of Lasseter's animation team that worked on the demos of the computers, and got them work with Disney, and continued to be the CEO of Pixar up until 2006.

Let's see what films were made during his time with pixar:

Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles

Not to mention the many many plugins of mac products even after Steve left as a CEO. As for apple, they weren't doing well selling computers either, with PC basically winning the war. Steve Jobs retook his position of CEO, and in the span of 10 years, Apple has gone from the brink of bankruptcy to the second most valuable company next to Exxon.

While his character as a person can be debatable, the man knew what to do when in a pinch.

Growing up I was always a computer geek. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were personal heroes of mine. I live in California, I even moved to silicon valley. I decided rather than computer programming or engineering to go into business, but I still love computers and I always try to work for the biggest tech companies. I had a chance to meet Steve Jobs once, but I missed it, and I always hoped i'd get another one. Now I won't. I am depressed. He did GREAT things, I don't care if you have problems with how he did it or some of things he did, but he did do GREAT things. If anyone deserved to live a full life I believe it to be him.

The way some of you treated this was disgusting. If you never see me again I hope you know why.

I'm a little worried what will happen next. Will technology go downhill from here? With Steve Jobs gone Microsoft won't have to work as hard to compete and knowing Microsoft that can't be good. Right?

So I'm listening to a class at the uni, and suddenly my friend storms in from another classroom shouting "apple has a new product!".

"What is it, dude?" I ask.

"It's called iDied. LoL" says my friend.

There you go again blowing one man's death out of proportions. He was a cool guy imho, but in the end, he was just another guy who died of cancer. Turning his death into a drama is both unnecessary and disrespectful to all the other people who died, in general.

P.S.
If you think this is insensitive, you're either unable to think rationally, a hypocrite or his family member.

All I can say is RIP Steve Jobs. He left a mark in this society that will last for a long time.

I'm a PC, and killing Steve Jobs was my idea.

For once, and I never thought I'd say this, I'll have to agree with Pretty Boy Jin. Have some decency, people. Wow.

http://i.imgur.com/YSwaO.jpg

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users