This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

GUILTY CROWN (Thread)

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/8/32581l.jpg
http://static.minitokyo.net/downloads/27/39/549477.jpg
http://i-a.animepaper.net/thumbnails/preview/206580/1/%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-standard-anime-guilty-crown-shu-and-inori-206580-zectrooper-preview-8f34cbf8.jpg

GUILTY CROWN

Synopsis

The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.

Type: TV
Episodes: 22
Aired: Oct 14, 2011 to ?
Producers: Production I.G, FUNimation EntertainmentL
Genres: Action, Magic, Sci-Fi
Duration: 24 min. per episode
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

ーーー
yay the first episode is out :D
side note: i know the deviant art account of the artist who did the character design and such for this anime, will try to look it up again and post it for shit and giggles. he's amazing _

my personal opinon is I love this anime :D
the art is wonderful and the music (by Supercell) is so god damn beautiful!!
some people say the story is a bit ordinary but, well, probably cos I'm someone who work with art lots (i would say im an artist but that sound pretentious) so i don't care, as long as an anime looks good and have a so-so story, i'd love it :P

anyway, here are the insert songs and ED of the first episode
(LISTEN TO THEM!! THEY R AWESOME!!)
warning: Spoiler , a bit :P
insert song 1

insert song 2

ED

I quite like it, but I don't really see how the story is original so far though...

lets just see how it unfolds, it sure has potential already. also, how do you guys think the VN Nitroplus will make forit, "guilty crown-lost christma" wll turn out?

@OneDollar well it's only episode 1~
I do admit compared to a lot of Anime we've seen over the years this one feels quite different.
Though I do question why it was put in NoitaminA. It could've easily aired on MBS/TBS instead. Not a problem though, at least it'll run for two seasons (22eps) XD

@break as I've mentioned before I get the feeling it might do into the series of events Shu saw before taking down that mecha. Especially based on the last scene him seeing being from a Christmas like setting (see the "insert 2 clip posted earlier). Though give the length they might explain all that in the series :3

my $0.02

"great visual, awesome music, nice animation, cliche stereotypical bland chuu ni byo main character, experiencing deja vu all the fkin time. Re-using cliche is fine, but not when THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO UNIQUE FEATURES. Will give it another chance though. Redjuice's arts are still fantastic.

I can't get over the fact that the characters are so bland in ep1, and the story setup is so cliche as well. In terms of production value it's up there, but I just don't feel any emotion from it. Even at the "climax" scene involving the hand, all that goes through my head is "huh, pretty" without feeling any sense of epic-ness. It just didn't hook me. The same goes to Ben-To and Chihayafuru as well.

Great insert song nonetheless"

Even if it looks really nice, there's a lack of distinctive style to keep me interested if the story and character continue to be this bland.

-cough-HIPSTER GONNA BE HIPSTER-cough-

sorry about that, was having some weird cough going on there

@Kronifer well, that may be all right but its only the first epissode yet after all.. but as for redjuice's designs, they made him do the character designs btu they dotn actually use his drawigns in the anime.. except for in the ed..

i found the secodn episode of ben-to hilarious though, even thought he characters are stereotypes but tis a parody anyways..

as fro character in guilty crown, yes the mainchar is a pussy but at lerast it looks liek hes beginnin to grow balls.. the main girl is interestign for she seems to be a sociopath though

i watched the 1st 2 eps at a convention so far i like the show

@animeftw there is only 1 ep yet. the second one airs in three days, three hours and six minutes.

@break
really!?
i thought the 2nd 1 aired already

@animeftw nope, it didnt. but if oyu want a guide that exactly tells you when the episodes auir, hehre
http://countdown.mandragon.info/

@break
thanks for the link

no problem; im using that countdown a lot, since its so pactical. toug it of course tells you nothign abotu twhen the subbers will actually be doen subbign a show.

..... I was so focused on how they set up the scenes and animations that I literally forgot to look at the what was actually happening in that episode.

Especially because that beginning song was by supercell and it was extra orgasmic.

in guilty crown, i could relate just like how the main character felt..i also loved all song and hope they post the full version and the op & ed when the 2nd episode comes out.
i wonder if ironi is gonna be placed in shu's school :3 cause im a fan when it has episodes when they're in school alot...meh, too much to say but dont feel like posting the obvious.. :3 epic anime 9.5/10

Was VERY like the first episode of Code Geass.
I dunno, Shu seems too much like the cliche wimp-who-suddenly-gets-super-powers type. I like Guilty Crown though, I'll keep watching.

Liking everyone's response for far~

After doing a bit of research I found out what the heck "Lost Christmas" is all about.

Translated from the official page via Wiki
"Guilty Crown's setting begins in 2029 when an unidentified "Apocalypse Virus" spreads and plunges Japan into a state of emergency in an chaos known as the "Lost Christmas""
Perhaps the Spinoff VN will go into this event 10 years ago.

What I'm not getting is why this is getting compared to CG. Maybe I'm just blind.

@Hutch
High school boy meets Mysterious Waif who's wanted by the law. She gives him super powers. He kills some dudes.

I would also like to mention how I love Inori's outfit. Reminds me of a phoenix.

Ok but if we're goin to be like that then you could compare both to almost any other generic anime. Random person gets random powers from other random person and then kills other random persons. What, because it has robots it's also like gundam too?

Besides, what's his face is nothing like Ledouche at all.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users