This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Drinkify (Thread)

Don't listen to music alone! Get some alcohol!

From Utada Hikaru to My Chemical Romance, there's a drink for every kind of music you could possibly have on your Walkman/iPod/mp3 player! While some music simply requires straight vodka (I'm looking at you, Rebecca Black), there are some pretty interesting-looking cocktails and combinations to be tried!

What's your opinion on this site? Cool? Gimmicky? Do you agree with their analysis?

All I know is that they keep giving me PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) thinks I'm a hipster. But when I looked up Freezepop, a fun, bouncy, tuneful electropop band, instead of getting some kind of fruity cocktail, I just got straight vodka! I disagree with this...

Don’t listen to As I Lay Dying alone. We suggest…

8 oz. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
8 oz. 7-up
4 oz. Coconut milk
Combine in highball glass and serve. Stir vigorously. Garnish with glowstick

I'm okay with this.

Wait "Garnish with glowstick" Wut.

Oh, I think they put in a random garnish. I'm not garnishing my PBR with asparagus...Not that I know where you can get PBR in England. But I would love a drink garnished with a glowstick!

I put in "The Prodigy" (responsible for Firestarter and other rave hits), and was told to drink....bottled water. Garnished with pickled carrot sticks?!?! Is this because on the rave scene, they think everyone takes ecstasy?

Another question to add to the above: Do you think someone has put some thought into all these drinks- e.g. someone familiar with a particular artist has submitted their opinion, or do you think they use some kind of algorithm? Because it seems to give me PBR for bands that could be said to be "hipster", and that example of bottled water with the Prodigy...

never seen this one b4. thanks for sharing :)

@Kubinashi-Ride: I can't tell you how many times I've seen rave kids drop E and pass out overheating and dehydrated. I think it's a good fit.

Don’t listen to Quiet Riot alone. We suggest…
“The Quiet Riot”

12 oz. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey  
12 oz. Wheatgrass juice  

Combine in highball glass and serve. Stir quickly.

^ Disgusting. Let's try...

Don’t listen to Electric Six alone. We suggest…
“The Electric Six”

1 oz. Vodka  

Serve on rocks. Garnish with fresh berries.

Okay, that's pretty much perfect.

Don’t listen to Death alone. We suggest…
“The Death”

4 oz. LSD  

Serve on rocks. Garnish with fire.

LSD on fire!

So it's a pretty hit and miss algorithm. Considering a handful of drunk programmers made it in a day, though, I'd say not bad.

that's an awful lot.

lol holy bacon. imma use this info~ thx :D

@TrevInc I agree, especially if they managed to make that while drunk! I can't wait to use this when I get home (no drinking where I am atm and I don't trust anything Russian that's not vodka!), I imagine it does make listening to music/drinking more fun!

Slightly off topic in terms of Drinkify, but has anyone ever tried to make their own cocktail for listening to music or even just a cocktail named after their favourite music? On the internet, it's not too hard to come across video game-themed cocktails such as Charmander evolution line shots. Or is Drinkify good enough for the purpose?

And finally, what is the purpose of the drugs recommendation? I got told to use Cocaine, which I found out is also the name of an energy drink, but couldn't find any drinks called Marijuana or it a tongue-in-cheek joke about the quality of your favourite music, or are they serious?

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users