This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

CL COLISEUM (R1 Deadline: JAN 8) (Thread)

COLORLESS ART COLISEUM
Hello hello all my lovely children and children-to-be!

We need a little community action here! So we shall have a battle tournament through drawings, yes?
http://i.imgur.com/TnzIU.jpg

What is going on?

• For those of you familiar with OC battles on Deviantart, bear with me cuz I will break it down XD
  • Basically, each participant will draw his/her/their character/avatar/battlemachine or whatever you wish to enter to this tournament.
  • participants will be divided into pairs.
  • Every particpant will have to draw a fight scene with their opponent's OC/Avatar/whatever
  • Winners will move on to second round, where there will be a new set of fights also in pairs.
  • Winners from Second round will move on to the final round which will be a melee, in which they have to draw their character standing atop all the other characters in victory.

So what's in it for me?

• Eternal glory?
  • First Prize $100 order from online site that accepts paypal/paid to your account on paypal, a drawing from me, the title of COLORLESS COLISEUM CHAMPION.
  • Second Prize $50 order from online site (same rules as above)
  • Third Prize $30 order from online site (same rules as above)
  • everyone else My undying love and affection!

Rules

• You may only enter ONE character/avatar into the competition. (If you have multiple accounts, then this also applies.)
  • Make sure to draw on time. If you miss the deadline, you automatically lose your fight.
  • If you are under 18, please ask for your parent's permission to give me your address if you win.
  • These are fights, so blood and gore is ok. But no rape scenes/ unnecessary nudity/ erections/ etc please ^_^ keep it safe for the kiddies to join in as well!
  • If you wish to draw many panels for your fights, that is permissible as well! You don't have to draw more than one fight scene.
  • You may draw on any medium of your choice, but all pics must be uploaded to this thread.
  • please do not pretend someone else's drawing is your own. That is sad and wastes our time when you don't draw your fight scene on time.

JUDGING

• Judging panel will consist of me, and four others. I am recruiting artists and some irl friends who draw as the judges.
  • There will be a total of 50 points for each round.

• Creativity (10) For the idea of the drawing, poses, etc
    • Execution (10) Quality of the drawing, effort, details, etc
    • Drama (10) If you can make it humorous, sad, manry, etc, mostly emotion
    • Time (10) Handing in your drawing earlier can give extra points for each day. Two points per day, and only five days in advance of the deadline.
    • General (10) Overall impression of the drawing out of ten

DISQUALIFICATION
* IF YOU ASK A QUESTION THAT IS ALREADY ANSWERED IN THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD, YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED
* IF you steal a character design, you are disqualified.
* If you whine about the points you get, you are disqualified. (There is a difference between whining and complaining. I will listen to complaints, but not whining.)
* If you do not submit your drawing on time, you are disqualified.
* If you do not respect your opponent in the drawing (i.e. you draw them as a stick figure instead of properly drawing them, unless of course the character IS A STICK FIGURE then it's ok) you are disqualified for unsportsmanship.
* If you don't draw the opponent's character at all, or substitute them for a pile of ashes, then you are also disqualified. If this is done in a multi-panel drawing, then it is permissible as long as the opponent's Character RECOGNIZABLY appears in one of the panels. Not a shadow, not a reflection, but the actual character.

DEADLINES:
First Drawings Deadline: 16th of December
Round one! 8th of January 23:00 GMT
Round two! tba
Round three! tba

P.S If there are many participants we may add a round!!

PARTICIPANTS

They have persevered... and reached the coliseum with hope and a yearning for glory.

THE MIGHTY WARRIORS
@MrTrain Warrior: MrTrain
@Elegy Warrior: Liam Solheim and this
@Zetta Warrior: JexBattle mode
@Yoshiya Warrior: Maaya Lone
@Matt Warrior: Charlotte
@Canon Warrior: [Pippy Zuckman](link broken
@sullyangel Warrior: Violet
@YumiToho Warrior: ZZ
@Inasda Warrior: Inasda
@One Warrior: That Immortal Bastard
@Akri Warrior: Aramis
@MyogiWarrior34 Warrior: Neo Campbell
@GallantFox Warrior: Emporion (Rio) Lirie
@Momimochi Warrior: Xion Stieglitz
@Break Warrior: Johann for colors
@Reki Warrior: Dee
@Kuraihikari Warrior: Pandora
@Arachne Warrior: Vepar
@Eterno Warrior Griffin Noiss
@Bones Warrior: Xastre
@KAGAMI Warrior: December
@DSP Warrior: Kara Malovani
@Usagii Warrior: Nikolett Kolsov

The sun rises on the Colorless Coliseum... the warriors are ready.. the lurkers hoist their cameras and flex their screenshotting skills. Hide the saikas, kick the spammers and for the love of God leave Chuck Norris alone. For this, my friends, is the countdown to a battle for glory, ego-boosting and...

well. It's actually for fun. But there is a prize too. I love you all, remember that.

ROUND ONE!
Here are your opponents.
Because there was an uneven number of participants, wildcard has a chance to stay. The wildcard will choose their opponent, and if they score higher than that opponent s/he goes through the next round! I am sorry they will not be drawn by their opponent, but you still have a chance!

PAIRS
@MrTrain vs @Bones
@Kagami vs @YumiToho
@Usagii vs @Yoshiya
@Arachne vs @Sullyangel
@Akri vs @Matt
@Zetta vs @MyogiWarrior34
@Momimochi vs @Break
@Canon vs @Eterno
@GallantFox vs @Kuraihikari
@DSP vs @Elegy
@Inasda vs @Reki

@One (wildcard, choose whichever oppponent you want, and if you win you go through.)

REMINDING OF THE RULES

• at least ONE drawing depicting both your character and your opponent's character faithfully.

• Dimensions are up to you, if drawing on paper make sure to take a clear picture/scan of your work.

• If you draw more than one panel, at least one panel should show both characters in a big pane. i.e. don't give me hundreds of little boxes where the two are never in the same window. That would suck. Not to mention you will lose. XD

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!!

DEADLINE: 8th of January, 23:00 GMT

RESERVED

RESERVED

RESERVED

Ok you may post now. =w=

I AM TOTALLY SIGNING UP

ME ME ME SIGNING UP YES ME!

I AM JOINING THIS. I WILL LOSE WITH THE UTMOST OF GRACE

I'm there if money involved >:)
sign me up : >

http://i.imgur.com/MTtn0.png

This would be cooler if participants had to draw their own "persona".

I'd rather see a Duck God kick ass than some Sonic OC. cough

@NGH yeah I would like that too. But it's up to you who you want to draw, yourself or a character that you created.

EXTRA POINTS IF YOU DRAW YOUR OWN PERSONA ON COLORLESS!!!

I guess I'm signing up because I'm afraid Shiro will slit her wrists if I don't.

That pokemon is made of Jesus

I shall sign
Never mind I can't
...yet

i'll think about joining

Sign me up please! I'd like to go against other artists and see what everyone is capable of doing.

Gore... Blood... Rap-- MOTHERFU** NO RAPE.
But nevertheless, I'M IN.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users