This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

My manga coloring blog. (Thread)

I made this blog for various reasons. One of them is because of my friends. The other is because this tiny thought came into my head. 'What if I look back at this blog, and laugh at my old manga colorings like I do now?'

Well, that's how I made 'Counterattack' today. Yes, I realize that the URL is spelled wrong, but I don't give a fuck.

Counterattack!

FAQ

About the blog (Done I think!)

My manga coloring history

Questions post (new!)

Before you complain that my ego is too big or something like that, remember, I made this blog for various reasons. If you huff and puff about this, then I'll ignore you. Got it?

I don't plan on making this blog just about my manga colorings. I might do tutorials, explain how I do things, or ramble about things. It's still a work-in-progress thing by the way.

Feel free to ask me any silly questions so that I could add them on my FAQ!

Cute blog! Hope it goes well.

Thank you Keri!

ncie.
aynways, so you started colorign with a mouse? any advice? i dont have a tablet, but i wated to start proeprly coloring mypictures.. is it okay if i sue paint.NET, ro is it not good enough?

starts huffing and puffing about your ego

How long does it take you to colour usually?

aynways, so you started colorign with a mouse? any advice? i dont have a tablet, but i wated to start proeprly coloring mypictures.. is it okay if i sue paint.NET, ro is it not good enough?

Try and get a cordless mouse, if you already don't have one. They help with coloring lines and difficult stuff better. I'd suggest getting a second hand tablet online however.

Photoshop is your best bet for coloring manga, I have no idea what Paint.net is, but if you can't use layers in it, then it's 90% useless.

EDIT:

starts huffing and puffing about your ego

How long does it take you to colour usually?

:I

It really depends. I can take anywhere from 2 hours to a whooping 10 hours. The more complex it is, it's useally more harder to color.

I'd suggest start coloring simple stuff for beginners, and not be a idiot like me and color something by Arina Tanemura.

@Ashkachan well you can use layers just fine in Paint:NET; its more or less the best freeware-picture editing program... hm okay what kind of tablet do you advice me to get?

well you can use layers just fine in Paint:NET; its more or less the best freeware-picture editing program... hm okay what kind of tablet do you advice me to get?

A... somewhat cheap one. I don't have a high brand tablet like Wacom, just a Genius tablet. It works just fine, and cost about $50-$70. (Which is cheap for a tablet.)

If you're really cheap, like me, then go on Ebay or Amazon and buy it second hand.

okay, thank^^ and yes i am XD i guess ill use my mouse for now ad get that later than, i dotn habe much spare money this month

Wacom tablets can actually be quite cheap. My tablet was a new Wacom Bamboo Fun and it was $100, considering $50-$70 is your cheap price range then isn't it better to give that little bit extra for the quality? (or still be cheap and buy a used wacom off someone)

My tablets been through absolute hell (spills of various drinks from hot tea to lemonade, I drop it like three times a day at least, had a rabbit try eating it) but still works perfectly, and it's been used so much the drawing area has been polished to have a mirror-like reflection. (it used to have a paper-like texture.)

@Eelegy whoa your right! just ran a quick search, and found THIS without prolems! is this a good model? whic model do you use?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/WACOM-BAMBOO-TOUCH-CTT-460-Touchpad-Grafiktablet-/230691613656?pt=M%C3%A4use_Tastaturen&hash=item35b64aabd8#ht_5473wt_1139

That one is decent, a friend of mine had that type. You're gonna wanna play with the setting if you get it though, the touch part of it is kinda a pain to have on.
Just be careful of the cord, while mine has a basic USB cord that all my other stuff plugs into dubbed the whore cordand can be replaced very easily, that one has a built in cord.
Unfortunately the cord is the most breakable part of the tablet, so just be gentle on it and don't hoist it up by the cord.

Actually, I move my tablet around a lot, and I sometimes sit stuff on it and not realize it later. It still works. I find cheaper tablets work better than name brand stuff because of this. My first tablet was a Wacom, and I broke to pen by mistake. I couldn't replace the pen because it was one of their older tablets, apparently. (The fuck...)

All in honesty, I would do whatever fits your budget.

thanks , realy^^

I opened a questions post!

You can submit any kind of questions that you have for me here, but I also have a questions post on my blog now too!

http://counterattck.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/alice-manga-coloring/

My Alice, from Pandora Hearts, manga coloring.

I need good Wordpress layouts too, by the way. I've made a high-res wallpaper, but it looks wrong on the current layout.

Oh, and would anyone be willing to affiliate with me?

I'd be willing to affiliate, I have a art blog that's starting to get decently amounts of views a day for how short a time I've had it going.
Shall we both link eachother's blogs in our own?

Sure, why not? Just PM your blog to me!

EDIT: I might be editing my blogs layout a lot, so just bear with me until I fix it, ahaha.

EDIT 2: I uh... kinda fixed it with the Soul Eater wallpaper that I made. It likely looks wonky to other people, please bear with it until I figure out a good layout to use. ;_;

Request post

Quoting from my blog.

I am slow with things, if you complain about me being too slow for you, then I won’t do your graphic at all.

Nothing too complicated please. Nothing too low-res either.

Please give me the size wallpaper that you want me to do.

If you want me to post your graphic on my DA, please tell me if I can.

If you want me to color a manga scan, please give me a reference sheet for the character. I do not know every manga in the world.

Please don’t be rude in requesting something.

I don’t do website layouts.

It does not have to be anime related. It can be TV show, movie, and video game related.

Please request something on my blog.~

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users