This is the archive of the old Colorless! Go to the new Colorless →

Why do you love film? (Thread)

OK, since my last thread failed miserably in getting the point across, I'm going straight to the point and ask the question that I wanted to ask.

Why do you guys like film? Why would you spend money on something that would last around 2-3 hours you won't get back just sitting there staring at dead animals?

IT'S A PICTURE.

THAT MOVES :OOO

I'm not staring at dead animals unless that's the movie. I'm staring at a screen that dead animals project pictures onto. I actually love film a lot, I'd write reasons why but ps3 is a &!$% to type on. Might edit later.

I really like filmography, it's a really different art medium than TV or shows. There is more room for experimentation and various angles, unique story telling, etc. TV is filmed/created quickly, where as a film can be done more patiently. Similarly, a movie is easy to pick up and enjoy really fast.

..... I don't spend money on it but I do enjoy films a lot. Mainly because they're normally just a short story.

You are on the old site. New site is here:

The site has been updated on the 24th December 2011. Please go there when you are finished with the archives.

• 481,435 posts
  • 2,075 threads
  • 23,121 users